A strong company culture is vital to have your company’s values instilled throughout its leadership, management, and employees. With organizations increasingly becoming reliant on technology, it is more important than ever to instill a cyber-smart culture.
Having a cyber-smart culture means an organization is continuously working to build a general understanding of cybersecurity and awareness of cyber threats. The best way to prevent a cyber-attack is knowing how to recognize a threat, and what actions to take once one is identified. Cyber-attacks are continuously becoming more sophisticated; therefore, companies need to keep awareness training an ongoing process instead of a one-time project.
Know where your culture stands
How confident are you that your company has a cyber-smart culture? By asking four key questions from our free cybersecurity assessment, you can identify where the strength of your organization cybersecurity culture stands:
- Do you receive ongoing alerts about new cybersecurity threats, topics, and trends that may impact your organization?
- Are your employees regularly tested to see if they might click on bad links or unknown open files in suspicious emails?
- Do your employees receive ongoing, regular awareness training on cybersecurity safety, topics, and best practices?
- Are cybersecurity safety notices and posters displayed in your facility or shared electronically?
At Defendify, our analytics show that nearly 70% of new users who run their first cybersecurity assessment score a failing grade.
Your business may be flourishing, but one cyberattack can create a loss in revenue, resources, productivity, and momentum. This scenario is preventable by having robust cybersecurity practices indoctrinated into the company’s values and processes.
Tools to be cyber-smart
Defendify considers a cyber-smart culture so crucial that it is one of our three key layers of cybersecurity. Our all-in-one platform provides multiple tools that help keep everyone in your organization informed and vigilant against cyber threats:
- Threat Alerts System: Receive email alerts and notifications about new cyber incidents, attacks, and more that could impact your organization. The more informed you are, the better position you will be in.
- Phishing Simulation Tool: Get to your employees before the bad guys do! With Defendify, automatically send unannounced phishing emails to your employees and, if they take the bait, they will educate immediately at the point of failure with a quick video and quiz. Spot-testing your team is a great way to reinforce best practices while allowing you to track and report on user engagement.
- Awareness Training Videos: Employees can easily forget a one-time awareness training. Regular reminders and fresh content keep your employees on their toes. Defendify delivers topical cybersecurity videos and newsletters, communicating relevant topics in fun and engaging ways.
- Awareness Poster Library: Creative posters with engaging graphics and quick tips help reinforce cybersecurity awareness around essential terms and topics. Defendify provides a library of posters for download and public display at your facilities.
- Classroom Training Tool: Engage your team of Cyber-Defenders through classroom-style online education. Defendify’s web-based video training presents timely topics, trends, threats, tips, and best practices using straight talk, not tech talk.
More on Cyber Awareness
Take a quick and free Cybersecurity Assessment today to figure out where you stand with cybersecurity. Understanding your cybersecurity health will help your business have a cyber-smart culture.
Check out this blog post from National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, chock-full of cyber tips on ways to protect your data! #BeCyberSmart